Okay, so I’m happy about finishing the hat and the headband, but I’m really happy about these:

IMG_1928

IMG_1931

IMG_1933

The lace is, of course, the now-blocked Swallowtail Shawl that I posted last week. I followed the pattern pretty closely, other than yarn & needle choice. I would’ve knit an extra repeat of the budding lace motif, but I was worried I’d run out of yarn. (Oh, well, now I just have to find something else to do with some corriedale/silk. How sad.) I did knit an extra repeat (two rows) of the edging, by which point I knew I’d have leftover yarn.

The fresh yarn is a 3ply that I’m planning to eventually knit into a sweater. The light orange stuff is cormo/kid mohair that I bought at MDSW ’07; the dark orange is rambouillet/llama that Juno happily enabled me into not long afterward. Since I have a pound of the former and half a pound of the latter, and I was pretty sure I wanted to spin a 3ply anyway…this should yield enough for a sweater.  I’m going to decide on a pattern when I know how much yardage I’ve got.

Advertisements