They’re not the most amazing pictures ever, and I still need to weave in the ends, but it’s done and blocked!  (I would say the middle picture is the most color-accurate.)

This was my triumph of Saturday afternoon.  I had decided that it didn’t need to be bigger, as the unblocked DFS was about the same size as my Flower Basket Shawl, so I finished the last (7th) repeat and the points at craft night on Thursday and did the I-cord bind-off on Saturday.  Much as I detest I-cord, I actually didn’t mind this.  I think some of that was the glee of finishing this shawl, and some of it was the inclusion of k2togs instead of just knitting.  Oh, and probably also the fact that I could see how much I had left, and it was finite and manageable.

Now I can knit on the Peacock Feather Shawl without even a twinge of guilt.  (Okay, I take that back.  There’s a small twinge from the still-frozen Mountain Peaks Shawl.  Maybe I’ll take out the needle and nuke it (and then start it over) sometime before Maryland.  It should be easier now that I’ve knit other things with patterning on both sides, though.)

edited to add:

Pattern: Sivia Harding’s Diamond Fantasy Shawl.  The pattern calls for 6 repeats of the chart for the "scarf" and 10 for the "shawl"; I knit 7.

Needle: Addi Natura sz 7 bamboo circ, I think 29".

Yarn: My handspun.  From Amy Boogie’s BFL in Redwood, about 5 ounces.  See this post for my worries about differing grist.  (I alternated skeins for probably ten or fifteen rows (by pairs) and then just knit on with the new skein.  It’s not perfect, but I’m happy with the results.  It’s amazing what a good blocking will do…)

Begun June 28th, 2006, and finished March 3rd, 2007.