That last post was long enough that I figured I’d give the pictures their own post.


The lace headband.  It’s not blocked yet (and it’s shown folded over, so I could get it in the frame), but it took just over a week to knit–I knit the first repeat before going to bed on the 23rd, and finished knitting and wove in the ends on New Year’s Eve.  I used Louet Gems Pearl in Cherry Red, a size-6 bamboo circ, and a zig-zag pattern from Beautiful Knitting Patterns.


The alien wool is all spun!  This last batch is a single ply that (miraculously) isn’t badly overspun at all.  Clearly, I have improved in the last ten months of spinning (i.e., since I started using a wheel), which is reassuring.  It’s still more thick-and-thin than I’d like, but this is clear progress toward my goal of being able to spin yarn like Malabrigo.  (My two gold-standard commercial yarns are Malabrigo and Koigu.  I want to be able to spin like that, plus a good, even 2-ply laceweight.)


This is about ten yards of tweedy, mottled 2-ply, around sport-weight.  It’s two of the three rolags I posted about here (not the greenish one, which I haven’t spun yet).  I’m so much happier with this than I would’ve been with the base roving.  I bought the Colonial Top in Shale when I bought my first spindle, at MDSW05, as an alternative to the orange-multi wool/mohair that I couldn’t resist, but I didn’t much like the color after I brought it home.  I may still wind up trying to dye it with red kool-aid, but blending is a really nice alternative.