I finally finished plying my green Grafton batt. Okay, not really, but I emptied one bobbin and haven’t yet dealt with plying the remainder on the other bobbin to itself.

Grafton0719

Over all, I am pleased. There are certainly places that could be more even, but spinning from a batt was an interesting change. I’m especially glad that I managed to get a few good stretches of the bright green into the single; I think it makes a nice contrast to the dark green and very dark green.

This is about 300yds of two-ply, spun & plied mostly on the middle whorls of the spinning & plying flyers.

Advertisements